Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Gilligan List

I want you all to think about this... If you were stuck on a desert island, what five typefaces would you want to have with you. This list of five, should not include any display or specialty typefaces. Think this over. What typefaces (serif and sans serif) would you choose that would give you the most flexibility as a designer. Have this list ready for discussion on Wednesday.


Alright, here we go:


Arial Black because it's the best at getting attention of rescuers. If it was a container it would hold the most water.


Gill Sans Light just because I like it. I have to have one good thing in my life on a desert island right?


Times New Roman because it looks good in italics (and it's just as good of a serif as any). Maybe I'll use it if I decide to write a 300 page epic poem about my tribulations. It's good for body copy right?


Helvetica. I just feel like you're supposed to have it.


Comic Sans for when my life is over. Put it on my cactus headstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment